Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In the Beginning.


So if any of you knew me at all in my Teenage years, you know that I have a lot of fun in the kitchen. I love to cook, experiment, come up with new recipes, and most of all make lots of messes. Until I fulfilled it in my first year of marriage, I had been working very hard towards my goal to be able to make cookies without spilling all over the floor... Needless to say, it was not my parents' favorite thing when I decided to cook!

But I still did anyway! And I was not good at it at all. Brock will testify to that. He can tell you about my cooking when we first got married :) It was pretty funny. But I have gotten soooooooo much better since then. In fact, I would call myself a fantastic cook! It is one of my joys in life.

As my 2011 New Years Resolution, I set a goal to cook at least 2 good meals every week. Then it would pretty much add up to 4 good meals because there's only two of us at home so we'd have plenty of leftovers!

And I am proud to say that it is now February 1st, and I have kept my resolution so far! Yay! Some of the highlights I've made: Chipotle BBQ Chicken Wings, Ham Fried Rice, Crock Pot Lasagna, White Chicken Chili, and Honey BBQ Ribs. All were brilliant successes and so delicious!

So as I was going about this resolution, I realized that pretty much all of my Facebook Status Posts were about food! First I thought, "How incredibly embarrassing!" But then, I decided it was awesome. And I want to make a blog about food. Oh, and by the way, my name's Aubrey. And here is my blog... about what happens when you give a girl a spatula. ;) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment