Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fruit Juice

So, I went to Nicaragua over the holidays (for those of you who don't know- that's in Central America, not Africa hahaha). It was so amazing and I could write a novel about all the amazing experiences I had there.  But for this post, I just have to tell you- their fruit drinks are to die for!  I had probably 3 a day.  Fresh-squeezed, sugar-sweetened, fruit juice.  It was sooooo good!  I also got to drink out of a real coconut!  The hotel man chopped it down from the tree and chopped it open with a machete.  It was amazing!  And the coconut juice was also delicious :)

On our last day there, I decided this could not be the last time I experienced those beautiful delicious drinks.  But our store bought juices here just do not do them justice.  I had to find a way to do it myself.  So the first thing I bought when we got back home to Logan was....  can you guess?  A Juicer!!!

And I bought oranges.  And I juiced them in the juicer.  And I made orange juice!  And it was delicious!!!  It was not quite as good as the Nicaraguan drinks, but don't worry.  I'll keep practicing, and learn, and master the art of the perfect fruit drink.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment