Sunday, June 17, 2012

Homemade Apple Fritters

As long as I have known him, Brock has loved Apple Fritters!  They are one of his very favorite treats of all time!  So for Father's Day, I decided to try making him home made ones!  Aaaand, they were DELICIOUS!

Here's the recipe I used (I got it from seeminglygreek.com, but as always, added my own twist and adapted it to how I like it):

Homemade Apple Fritters Recipe:
1 heaping cup All purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
dash salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 T. butter, melted
1 egg
1/3 cup milk + plus more if needed
1 apple, chopped into peanut size pieces (I used Gala, but just use your favorite kind)

oil for frying
powdered sugar for dusting (mix powdered sugar with melted butter if you want to make a glaze)

Mix dry ingredients together, then slowly add the wet ingredients, minus the apples.  When the batter is kind of a cake-mix texture, fold in the apples.  Heat up the oil in a frying pan, medium heat or lower, and deep enough to cover a little more than half of a scoop of batter.

Using an ice cream scoop, carefully place about 4 scoops of batter into the oil at a time and let them brown.  You can make them as big or small as you want, but a heaping ice cream scoop worked great for me.  Use tongs to grab the sides and flip them over when they are ready.  We dusted them with powdered sugar and ate them while they were still warm.  SO delicious!!!



This is the picture from the recipe blog I used; mine didn't look quite that good (first time around- I'm sure next time they will look much better!  Ha ha)

Try it!  Not super healthy, but very delicious :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment