Friday, August 26, 2011

Zucchini Bread :-)

So, this year I grew my very first garden!  And the very first thing I got to harvest from it was zucchini!!!!  And they are plentiful and delicious!!!!  So, I made bread :)  And now I will share my recipe with you!

Zucchini Bread


3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini



Mix dry ingredients first, then wet ingredients.  (I made the mistake of mixing them all together...  it took FOREVER to get it all mixed thoroughly!!).  Cook in bread pans at 325 degrees for about an hour.  It should make 2 decent sized loafs.  You can test when it's done by putting a toothpick in the center.  If it comes out with goo, the bread's not done!




recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com, but I left out the nuts!


ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I made zucchini bread from my very own zucchini too! How exciting! I used my aunts recipe, which is very similar, but it calls for 3 cups of zucchini instead of 2. I don't know if it makes a difference, but since I have a TON of zucchini I don't mind adding extra. Also, if you want you can substitute half a cup of oil for applesauce. That way its a tiny bit healthier. It still turns out the same. I do LOVE zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete